"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

BOSTON // Home again


 photo IMG_9391_zpsc50f5e87.jpg

Yes, the news is true! I am finally home in wonderful Boston after six months of traveling, photographing, and exploring. I expected to be sad on the plane home, but instead I was excited. I would have absolutely loved to stay abroad longer, but it was time to come home. And I was ready for it, too.

Since getting home on the 1st of July, I have been quite busy. I had one full day at home before we left for New Hampshire and the cabin on the pond to celebrate the fourth. Unfortunately Hurricane Arthur meant that there were no hurricanes and the 4th felt more like a "stuck inside the house" day than a celebration. Regardless, it was a nice weekend and even better when the weather improved.

Then I was home for one more full day before heading to New York City for the Smart Girls Conference July 9th - 11th. Talk about an inspiring few days. It was incredible. I never thought I could love a group of people so much. I returned home, spent Saturday with my mom and sister, including a walk around Castle Island where I took these pictures, and then bid my sister goodbye as she goes to overnight camp for a month.

Now I am home until September, trying to find a job, applying to fall internships, etc. The weirdest thing is that it doesn't feel weird to be home. It feels normal. One of the best parts is seeing so many people in New England sports gear and being able to say 'wicked' again. And though I can't wait to get back to Amherst and see my people again, I'm content with my people here.

 photo IMG_9563_zps3c37dc35.jpg photo IMG_9390_zps8f30eab3.jpg photo IMG_9504_zps4bbb4943.jpg photo IMG_9656_zps0a1bf3f9.jpg photo IMG_9378_zps2219dc7f.jpg photo IMG_9553_zps1b8934ec.jpg photo IMG_9397_zpsc72cf8a2.jpg photo IMG_9624_zpsf9f73ff2.jpg photo IMG_9641_zpsb5665cff.jpg photo IMG_9409_zpsb3dff10e.jpg photo IMG_9543_zps73dfa085.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment