"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

London














I traveled to London at the end of February. I took a plane from Charles de Gaulle to Heathrow, where I was met by my friend Sophie. Sophie is the daughter of my dad's best friend growing up, and I stayed with her family for the weekend. They were so good to me - my birthday was a few days after my trip, and they gave me presents and a cake and a whole birthday breakfast. It was kind of overwhelming in the best way.

London was wonderful. First, it was so nice to be in a place where everyone spoke English! Second, there is so much cultural history in London and so much to see. I got to have breakfast with Amy next to Shakespeare's Globe Theater, a high tea with a burger twist at this restaurant with Katie, and a lovely pizza dinner with Sophie. (Only two of those were in the same day, don't worry.)

I also got the opportunity to do some solo exploration of the city by foot, take selfies at Buckingham Palace, and see Jersey Boys in the West End with Sophie. We shopped at Camden Market, where I bought some scarves and a pair of sunglasses. I navigated the Tube by myself. I genuinely could see myself living there in a few years.

London was the first trip that I ever planned by myself - I bought the tickets, navigated my way to the airport, and was fully responsible for making sure I got on that plane. Not a big deal and something I was certainly able to handle, but it made me feel very proud.

London, I'll be back for you some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment