"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

March Goals



1. Read 5 books I have so many books sitting in my room (see a number of them in my instagram) and I want to eventually read all of them, preferably before I move out of the dorm! I'm hoping to spend at least 15 minutes a day reading to accomplish this.

2. Teach myself a new skill Not entirely sure what this one will be, but possible ideas include taking an online course in HTML and learning how to use the manual settings on my camera.

3. Run 30 miles This shouldn't be too difficult; it's one mile a day, so it's not too easy but it's not too much, and it'll force me to get out there and get running multiple times a week. The hardest part will be making sure my ankle stays healthy.

4. Apply to 10 jobs a week I finally applied to my first job at the end of last week but I still have a lot left to do. The hardest part for me is writing the cover letters, but once I get those finished I find the process goes much easier. I know that applying to jobs now and hopefully having a job in May will make dealing with graduating a much easier emotional process!

5. Write 500 words a day One of my goals for this year is to write a book, and having a numerical goal to meet is going to get me there. A small goal for some, but with the writing I'm doing for my internship, the campus newspaper, this blog and my senior thesis, this goal is actually manageable.

And because I love vision boards so much, I made a March inspiration board from Pinterest photos:


This month will bring my 22nd birthday (this week!), spring break, a trip to NYC and a journalism conference in Boston. In terms of goals that aren't measurable, I'm hoping to get out of my comfort zone more and spend more time with my friends doing new things, because soon we won't all be living within 10 minutes of each other. Bring it on, March!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this. Your goals are so inspiring and your vision board perfectly captures them!

    Lots of SGG Love,
    Hannah
    Practically Imperfect

    ReplyDelete