"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

Prague Photo Diary


The first time I went to Prague, I was a high school senior. I went on a trip over my spring break with my history, and before Prague we visited Berlin and Krakow. We visited a lot of very depressing but also interesting World War II sites, and getting to Prague was a little like a breath of fresh air. I remember walking along the Charles Bridge wearing a shirt and getting a little sunburnt because it was so nice out. I had such a great time that trip, and I knew I wanted to go back to Prague one day.

My friend LeeAnn and I started talking on Facebook one night in early April, and next thing I know we're booking a trip to Prague for a weekend in mid-April. Her friends Leanne and Ben joined us too.

I took a super, super early morning flight from Charles de Gaulle airport and flew to Vaclav Havel Airport in Prague. I had to wait an hour or two for LeeAnn's flight to get in from London, and then we took a bus and a train into the city.

We stayed in a hostel (my first time!), visited Prague Castle, walked around Old Town Square, and went to the top of the Astronomical Clock Tower. At the castle we witnessed a changing of the guard-type event, which we noticed after spotting the massive crowd gathered and went closer to see what it was. We ate in an Irish pub for dinner and had breakfast at the hostel before exploring some more the second day. We went to the John Lennon wall, where someone had written "Boston Strong" and I missed home a little bit. We tried Trdelniks, the donut-type pastry in the photo above.


They left that night for an overnight train to Budapest and I spent the second night in my friend Emily's apartment; she was studying there and it was great to see her! It was nice to have a "local" show me around and tell me where to eat.



Where we stayed: Arpacay Backpacker's Hostel. I liked it. Like I said, it was the first hotel I ever stayed in, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I had no complaints.

What we visited: Prague Castle, Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square, The Charles Bridge.

"The ancient splendor and beauty of Prague, a city beyond compare, left an impression on my imagination that will never fade." - Richard Wagner."

No comments:

Post a Comment