"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page." - St. Augustine

Beginnings

I’ve always wanted to be a writer. Ever since I was a little girl and carried a notebook with me everywhere I went, I’ve been fascinated by words, the way the perfect combination can make you sit there in silence just thinking about their impact, the way they teach and empower and shape everything we do, the way you can string them together to make magic.

I always thought newspapers were pretty cool too. I used to sit on the front porch on Sunday mornings and read the newspaper with my mom in middle school. I majored in journalism because I couldn’t really imagine spending four years studying anything else. I spent evenings in the college newspaper room because that was where I felt safest, surrounded by “my people”, the ones who loved putting words together in just the right way as much as I did. I love that journalism is a public service: a way to educate, bring attention to issues, and help people. I can’t ever see myself doing anything different.

I've blogged in the past, but not like this. I’ve been wanting to start a new blog since October, and I finally got my ideas together in place to do it. I hope to write about journalism, study abroad, books, international affairs, education, women’s empowerment, and anything else I find worthy. I leave for my semester in Paris in just a couple of days, so I'm sure to have interesting content right away.You can find a link to my published clips on the left, as well as my social media profiles. Journalism and books mean the world to me, and I'm excited to share my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment